Institute of African & Asian Studies
University of Khartoum
- His Highness, Dr. Sultan Bin Muhammed al-Gasimi, Member of Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Sharjah, financed the construction, furnishing and provision of equipment of the Sharjah Hall, as a platform for the promotion of Afro-Arab relations.
- The total cost is estimates approximately at two million US dollar.
- The Building consists mainly ot two conference halls plus administrative and technical staff offices. The larger accomodates about 280 person and the smaller one about 60 persons.
- The Hall is equipped with sophisticated equipment for instantaneous translation, word processing and slide and vedio projectors.
- The main objective of the Hall is to enrich the academic and cultural activities of the university and the country at large.
- Other similar activities are welcome and encouraged within the specific framework of policies set out by its Board of Directors.
- It is worth mensioning that the Board of Directors is headed by The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Khartoum. Other members include:
- The principal of the U of K
- Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates
- Director of the IAAS
- Representitive of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Financial Controller of the U of K
- The Chief Engineer of the U of K